Sunday, January 9, 2011

One Step Closer to the Maxis Om Nom Nom Race

Pass me my friggin' utensils and gimme a "HELL YEAH"!


Few days ago Kochi called me and asked me to participate in a 'race' organized by Nuffnang and Maxis, called the "Maxis Om Nom Nom Race".
Basically the concept of this race is like... you know, Amazing Race + Jalan Jalan Cari Makan. Or to put it my way; Asian Food Channel  and AXN channel combined into an adventure! Woot!
Food has been always close to our hearts, and the 3 of us, coming from Melaka are always adventurous when it comes to trying food when we started studying and working in KL, so this race is like... the ultimate getaway for us in our non-happening daily lives.


I believe the main motivation for them to enter this race is to win the awesome prizes;  A trip to Hong Kong 3 days 2 nights with 5-star accommodation (for the winning team members of 4 pax) worth RM10,000, and also 4x HTC Desire Z (1 per winning member)
I, personally, have always dreamed of becoming the next Anthony Bourdain of Malaysia ever since I started watching AFC, so participating this challenge is most probably the closest I can get to achieve my near-impossible culinary dream!
I could use a brand new phone too... still stuck with my Nokia N70 =.=


Anyway, the race starts this Saturday (15th January), from Modesto, CapSquare, and ends at the same place. The challenge will involve the iPhone 4, the Finder301 application and Wireless Broadband, all available through Maxis. Luckily we have a geek called Yong Hsin, who I think knows how to use these technology stuffs.

For those of you who are frustrated with your current broadband service, maybe you guys can try checking out what Maxis has to offer at: http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/broadband/wireless_allplans.asp
I thought of getting one myself, so that next time I don't have to resort to blogging from my office.

And those who wants to download the Maxis Finder301 application, you guys can check it out at:
http://itunes.apple.com/my/app/maxis-finder301/id375530216?mt=8#. It's damn cool app; user-friendly, has the list of places, and wikitude. Trust me, you guys should REALLY get it.

Introducing the team members!!
















Shi En - Or commonly referred to as 'Ko Chi'. This guy is the cool dude in our gang. He is the only friend I know that have the most in common with me; good food, rock and roll at least. I definitely MUST have this guy in the team... because we know we're gonna have one hell of a gastronomy adventure.






















Yong Hsin - a.k.a Yong; I suspect he will be the noisiest throughout the whole challenge, but I honestly think he will make our adventure more fun, and provide something useful. Also loves eating... especially pork. 






















Erica Ting - All 3 of the guys are from Melaka, except Erica, who is from Penang. She's the rose among the thorn, and the equivalent of Fergie from Black Eyed Peas in our team. Coming from the food paradise of Malaysia and having been invited to many food reviews, her contribution towards the team will be LEGEN...wait for it....oh there it is... DARY! Plus, her good looks combined with mine will make the rest of team members look less ugly. (Ahaha... just kidding guys...please don't kick me from the team)

















Donovan Lim - It's-a-me! Sole purpose: Mad driver (the picture says it all) . I don't wanna talk too much bout myself, but I'll definitely will contribute at least a thing or two and entertain the team should they feel demotivated. I'm the driver, so they can't freaking complain yo!


Behold! The four of us have been chosen by the Gods of Rock to form a sensational rock and roll band that was predicted to surpass even the legendary Guns and Roses, but because of work commitments, we decided to use our powers to help society, like participating the Maxis Om Nom Nom Race.

Three guys, one girl, all from the two most powerful food kingdoms of Malaysia; Melaka and Penang.
We are the Greek demi-gods and this challenge is the Olympics...we ARE destined for this!

Anyway, jokes apart, we still haven't come up with our team name. Some lame suggestions by me:
- Boom Boom Pau (Motto: We have fillings)
- Buns and Roses (the guys have the buns, Erica has the roses)
- Cendol Crew FTW (Melaka and Penang famous for cendols mah)

So PLEASE guys from Nuffnang and Maxis and everyone, count us in!
Ye shall prepare me my M-sized garment!

 
HELL YEAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment